Monday, February 19, 2007

guys, you have to get a wii!!

I am not a hard-core gamer. I like to play once in a while, but I haven't been interested in buying a system in years. The last time I bought one was in 1985 when the original Nintendo was released.

So, when Sapp's neice and nephew visited after Christmas and brought their XBox 360, Rod was hooked. He wanted one, but I wasn't so sure. I started asking around and found out that the Wii was a better choice. My boss's kids had both and the Wii gets tons more play.

My next task was not only to convince everyone on the "network team" of the Wii, but also to find one! They are no where to be found. You would think that over three months after Christmas that they would be available, but nope...nowhere. So, I did some searching on the web and found a website that keeps in-stock status at websites. I checked mutiple times a day and finally it was available at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, it was in a bundle with 7 games. I figured that we would buy a bunch of games anyway and I would just make the up front investment. There was a good selection of games, so I picked ones that I thought we would like (the ones we didn't want I just returned to the store).

After a week of waiting, the Wii finally arrived! We were so excited that we started playing right away. I love playing the more "kiddie" games, while Rich likes the more advanced games (he plays Call of Duty 3 & Splinter Cell for hours). We love playing Wii Sports against each other and when the Mannings visit (including in laws and teenage neice and nephew) we play the games together and everyone can play! Archie has never played video games and picked it up right away and loved playing Wii Sports. My nephew (with the XBox 360) now wants a Wii more and is addicted to it!

The Wii is different than any other video game I have ever played (not that I have played many, but I have watched friends play everything from the original Nintendo to Playstation, Gamecude, XBox, etc..). The remote takes a little getting used to since most games are played with the little twists of your wrist or the motion of your arm. Bowling is cool because a little twist of your wrist curves the ball just like in real life. I find that I don't sit down for most of the game and if I am sitting, I am moving around a lot...my arm has gotten sore from hitting the ball in tennis or boxing with Mooch.

This is the best game console out there for everyone! It is so easy to play and super fun! The gang is hooked and so glad that we got the Wii..."wii" is over the Xbox 360. :D

No comments: