Thursday, March 1, 2007

MUSIC = REAL ESTATE



In the most recent Playboy there is an interview with Simon what's-his-face. I scanned it, and he basically talks about how he thinks what's-her-name that won a while back (she's mousy and has a strong voice) put out better music than Bob Dylan. What?!?!?! I don't think I'll ever buy a Bob Dylan CD, but while you can't understand what he's saying, at least he's a real poet and musician.



He also admits that AI is about image and selling a product. I knew from the beginning that this would not be a show that even began to really be about music, so I'm really surprised that anyone is shocked over this latest development. I've never even seen more than 2 minutes of the show (I was at someone else's house), but I knew enough about it to know I'd avoid it even if I could pick up Fox on my rabbit ears (ABC is all that matters to me, because they air Lost). Mainstream music has always been about image. Folks, you should know that all Simon cares about is how many houses he can buy and fix up. That's in the article, too. Music is real estate to him. He has no soul, and neither do the people who watch the show, so don't be surprised when that Antonella Barba bitch isn't kicked off.



No comments: